- Stop using "Click here" in your emails! Enough already!! You should add links to action words like "Learn more", "Download this white paper now" "Register for this webinar before it's too late" . Click here is old, boring and something your grandma might say. It's like web -10.0 (ok, I added that last stuff for effect).
- Bold your call to actions to make sure they stand out. This means not bolding too much of your other text
- Add links for the same call to action on images, links, headers throughout the email. Don't just add one link and pray that the recipient will find it.
- The call to action answers the question of the recipient 'What's in it for me?". Make sure that this is the case.
- Make sure you add the call to action high up in the email.
Check out my Email Marketing 101: Tips and Best Practices for more information on email marketing.